POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Smooth level for smooth_triangle. : Re: Smooth level for smooth_triangle. Server Time
12 May 2024 13:58:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smooth level for smooth_triangle.
From: GioSeregni
Date: 19 Nov 2023 14:10:00
Message: <web.655a5d7184c692a35464b73e59126100@news.povray.org>
necessary step - just use vnormalize ().

> This way, the normal of the edge is influenced more by the bigger area than the
> smaller transition area, and there should be a more sudden and pronounced change
> of direction as you progress from one large face across the smaller face to the
> other.
>
> - BW

Yes, really good idea, I understood the concept. Great concept.
I'm just worried about the times which are already very long lol

I have however noticed that short vectors, here X/10 y/10 z/10 seem to introduce
fewer artefacts!
Thanks again

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: