POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Nest with cracked egg : Re: Nest with cracked egg Server Time
9 May 2024 10:32:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Nest with cracked egg
From: Samuel B
Date: 17 Nov 2023 16:40:00
Message: <web.6557dd81f59f4c0116bed5696e741498@news.povray.org>
"Mike Miller" <mil### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Nest with broken egg. Lowered and rotated the camera view to add a broken egg.
> Tweaked HDRI to blend better with the background hills. I did drop the HDR to 16
> bit. Bumped up the grass billboards coverage to 60k +. Still renders at a
> reasonable clip.
> Miller
>
> FYI
> HDRI: https://polyhaven.com/a/kiara_2_sunrise
> image maps:  https://polyhaven.com/textures
> great sites - royalty free

It's looking good, Mike. The eggs in the water remind me of mirelurk nests :]

The hdr's sunlight is coming a from a different direction than the foreground,
lending the composition a sort of studio-esque look. I haven't played with
environment maps for a while, but a simple scale <-1, 1, 1> might fix it.

Sam