POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : still alive and kickin' in Virginia : Re: still alive and kickin' in Virginia Server Time
28 May 2024 23:38:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: still alive and kickin' in Virginia
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 6 Nov 2023 13:50:00
Message: <web.654934e7d420b68b1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
Hey - very cool.
Glad you're having fun with all of that.

I've used Slicer in the past for 3D printing - but I think what you've also done
is come up with a (long-sought after) way to turn a complex object into a mesh.

If we could (semi-)automate the whole process, then we could model something
using CSG, then using animation - slice it up,  and send it through the
stacking-meshing pipeline, and then save the mesh for future use.   Doesn't
matter how slow it is, since the idea would be to have the object quickly
renderable in future scenes.

- BW