POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rust : Re: Rust Server Time
20 May 2024 06:02:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rust
From: Chris R
Date: 6 Nov 2023 09:25:00
Message: <web.6548f6faafcbb1dda2e6a155cc1b6e@news.povray.org>
"Chris R" <car### [at] comcastnet> wrote:
> This is a slight improvement on the test render after adding in another copy of
> the light bulb behind the camera.  I think the depth of the rust on the closest
> bars is more apparent here.  It's not perfect, as I have not played with the
> location of that second light, or if other lights might add more interest.
>
> Also, note, that the absence of Cogito and his seat changes the reflection of
> lighting, so that will make a slight difference in the full scene as well.
>
> Sorry for the change in aspect ratio, I realized I hit the wrong selection when
> it was an hour into the render and didn't feel like starting over again.
>
> I'm off to do some more tests on rust patterns and then will get back to the
> walls, I promise.
>
> -- Chris R

I have a couple of side projects to clean up some of my libraries and the annual
Christmas scene to work on for a bit, so I'm showing the most recent update now
and will post a new thread when I get back to it again.

Cogito has noticed the door; the rust has been improved, IMHO, and the walls
have some more detail and grunge to them.  Still haven't done anything with the
floor, and the drips from the ceiling are not visible, so I need to work on
that.  The lights probably need to be adjusted, and Cogito's body texture needs
some work, too.

-- Chris R

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'scene-v1.2-mq-20231104.png' (1818 KB)

Preview of image 'scene-v1.2-mq-20231104.png'
scene-v1.2-mq-20231104.png