POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : [POV-Ray 2.2] Pin King : Re: [POV-Ray 2.2] Pin King Server Time
8 May 2024 11:11:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [POV-Ray 2.2] Pin King
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 5 Nov 2023 04:10:00
Message: <web.65475b047612b3661f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"Mike Miller" <mil### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> The neon graphics are a nice touch. It would be cool to see some light bleed
> onto the wall face behind the neon.

Ah, yes - hadn't thought about that.
Non-zero pigment components, some reflection, and radiosity ought to fix that up
nicely.

> I agree with BW that the brick wall is a bit
> off. Maybe some poster/prints on the wall to break down the space.

Well, it was mor of the fact that most cider block walls are gray, and most
brick walls are red - but that's a red cinder block wall.

It might look more normal as painted drywall - but maybe that's how the bowling
alley was made & painted...  dunno.  I've had plenty of renders of real things
where people complained that "it would never be that way!!!" --- until I post
the actual photograph.

Sometimes reality is stranger than depiction.   ;)

- BW