POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Direct stochastic tiling : Re: Direct stochastic tiling Server Time
2 Jun 2024 18:28:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Direct stochastic tiling
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 1 Nov 2023 20:05:00
Message: <web.6542e74b5bb87ec31f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
Working through the spiral part of:

http://flycooler.com/download/Wood_SIGAsia2016.pdf

And struggling to understand

1) how the texture actually gets mapped/tiled onto the spiral

and

2) what points then, am I interpolating?

I'm guessing that either the 2D texture get mapped once onto each successive
turn of the spiral,
or it gets mapped linearly onto the nonlinear arc-length of the spiral arms, and
so there are then spaces between the x-dimension points?

Maybe someone could look at this and offer some ideas?
Even if you're just shooting in the dark, whatever you suggest might trigger an
idea for a solution.

Thanks!

- BW