POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Dumb newbie here! How to use PovRay : Re: Dumb newbie here! How to use PovRay Server Time
18 May 2024 08:22:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dumb newbie here! How to use PovRay
From: Archadas
Date: 30 Oct 2023 02:40:00
Message: <web.653f4f729a6df750cfcabbbd463143ce@news.povray.org>
Alain Martel <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:

> > Hello everyone.
> > I need to solve how to usue raytracing on my 3d .obj models and get result and
> > use those results in RaySAR.
> > So first thing is i need to understand how to use PovRay. I am someone who
> > doesnt have any knowledge about coding, neither matlab or python etc.
> >
> > Im having a hard time understanding how to use it. Is there any walkthrough or
> > video shows how to use PovRay and get the results ?
> >
> > Im sorry if i missed any topic in the website, im just newbie here.
> >
> > Thank you so much in advance
> >
> > Archadas
> >

> First thing : Get in the tutorial that come with POV-Ray and follow it.
> It's part of the included help file. Open the help and look for the
> second item : POV-Ray Tutorial | Getting Started.
>
> It starts with some basic principles and some very simple scenes for you
> to type in and render. Then, change something, render again and see the
> change. Take your time. Don't be afraid to experiment.
> It progressively get you to create some more complex and detailed scenes
> and images.
>

> #version 3.7;
>   #include "colors.inc"
> // The include files contain basic colour definitions
> // A simple pinhole camera
>    camera {
>      location <0, 2, -3>
>      look_at  <0, 1,  2>
>    }
> // A plain yellow sphere
>    sphere {
>      <0, 1, 2>, 2
>      texture {
>        pigment { Yellow }
>      }
>    }
> // Let shed some light in the sphere
> light_source { <2, 4, -3> White}

Hello Alain Martel,
Thank you for your reply. I did what you told me and followed tutorial from wiki
as well. Created different shapes images etc. Changed the code and get different
results and all. But i still didnt understand how to do `opposite` of this. What
i need is (as far as i know, still not sure) using povray on my 3d model scene
and get the raytracing results and use those results in RaySAR to get Sar image
simulation results. Still dont know how to manage it since i am not good with
coding
Thank you again