POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : [POV-Ray 2.2] Pin King : Re: [POV-Ray 2.2] Pin King Server Time
8 May 2024 07:14:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [POV-Ray 2.2] Pin King
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 27 Oct 2023 14:10:00
Message: <web.653bfc307612b3661f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"19100" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> This scene is my first that's (mostly) based on real world measurements, I think
> I've read enough USBC specification documents to be certified or something.
>
> Grab the source files here:
> https://archive.org/download/19100-povray/king.zip

That really came out very nice.  :)

The neon lights are very cool.
The alley's wood floor pattern could maybe benefit from some stretching in the
z-direction, maybe with a wee bit less turbulence?

Not sure about the red cinder-block wall.  Seems off somehow.  Also too
CGI-perfect.

The bowling ball in the foreground would benefit from a little bit of
fill-lighting, and the icing on the cake would be to add just a touch of
motion-blur.

Maybe define a rolling function and make a few highly-transparent copies of the
ball that "roll into" the 3 balls in the render.

You could also possibly make the far ball actually hit and have some of the pins
mid-tumble in the air.

Great job - I'm sure it was a challenging exercise in measuring and modeling!

- BW