POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : wierd behavior after compiling on Fedora 38 : Re: wierd behavior after compiling on Fedora 38 Server Time
1 Jun 2024 23:21:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wierd behavior after compiling on Fedora 38
From: RSM
Date: 2 Oct 2023 08:10:00
Message: <web.651ab244e0e6f9a138789ea2e542b12d@news.povray.org>
jr said:
>> just to confirm, the archive(s) you used came from
>> <https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/tags/> ?
i used the releases from github

bill said:

>>3) You could try my 'povr' fork of POV-Ray...

thank you for the link to your version of povray bill.

>> 4) It sank in that while the fedora version you have is old, most
everything else you are using with respect to compiler and libraries is
recent. Maybe something in all that. I'd make a small bet on boost being
the culprit, if so.;

>>Your Fedora 3.8 is relatively old though, so maybe not.

this is fedora 38 not 3.8
fedora 38 was released in april of 2023

as you said it could be a library related issue. many of the libraries are newer

thank you for your suggestions