POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : wierd behavior after compiling on Fedora 38 : Re: wierd behavior after compiling on Fedora 38 Server Time
18 May 2024 08:05:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wierd behavior after compiling on Fedora 38
From: jr
Date: 1 Oct 2023 13:50:00
Message: <web.6519b077e0e6f9a1b180e2cc6cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

"RSM" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> it did not show the biscuit image when i ran the make check
> i was logged in as root when i compiled the program

fwiw (and it should not make a difference), 'root' ought not be needed except
for 'make install'.

> when i ran a render after the compile finished  as a png file
> the output was totally white again
> i was able to run this on the windows version of povray but i am having issues
> with it as well.
> on some scenes the render crashed and i get a memory exception error.

cannot say anything about MS Windows version, but ime self-compiled POV-Ray is
solid and dependable[*].  I've looked through the build log (thanks) but
everything looks .. nominal.  I'm guessing that o/wise you have no problems with
any of the linked-to libraries ?  the only "straw to clutch" I can think of is
that your compiler may be too new ?  try with '-std=c++11' in the CXXFLAGS.
right out of ideas, otherwise.  sorry.

[*] there are known bugs, of course.

regards, jr.