POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Editing or creating an image or heightfield in POV-Ray : Re: Editing or creating an image or heightfield in POV-Ray Server Time
2 Jun 2024 15:28:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Editing or creating an image or heightfield in POV-Ray
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 14 Sep 2023 06:50:00
Message: <web.6502e530574212401f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>

> Yes indeed. Thanks Bill. My main problem at the moment is that I have so
> little time to do some significant experiments, and I fail to come
> across those things I did already in the past on this very same chapter.

That is indeed the ebb and flow of what we do here.
A long, prolonged and eerie silence, followed by a sudden flurry of frenetic
activity.

> Patience! I shall tackle all this asap and see where it brings me; there
> are a couple of ideas you and ingo have reawakened that I want to pursue.

Excellent.
Here's another one where I just rendered the faces of the boxes as meshes and
added in a function to give some tectonic sqooshing of the lateral layers of the
strata.

Very quick, buggy early morning WIP.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: