POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Recursive Backtracker Maze Algorithm : Re: Recursive Backtracker Maze Algorithm Server Time
20 May 2024 07:37:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Recursive Backtracker Maze Algorithm
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 11 Sep 2023 21:50:00
Message: <web.64ffc31714defef41f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>

> 5. I'm still not sure how the algorithm "erases" walls, and if that's the issue
> I'm having with the "islands" in the maze - drawing on a canvas and
> instantiating primitives in 3D space are fundamentally different operations.

Because I'm STOOOOPID.
It's really easy to invert the meaning of things, and look at the inverse of a
maze.
After watching the relevant portion and paying very careful attention to the all
to brief explanation, I did a few experiments that highlighted the issue, and
let me unravel everything so that I now have proper, algorithm-correct,
fully-internally-connected mazes.

Here's 100 by 100.  I've already tried a 500 x 500, which is 250,000 cells, and
it works, but I'd have to render it a bit bigger than usual to have it show up
clearly.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'mazemaker.png' (22 KB)