POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : First object in macro is not rendered. : First object in macro is not rendered. Server Time
13 May 2024 08:14:34 EDT (-0400)
  First object in macro is not rendered.
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 8 Sep 2023 16:05:00
Message: <web.64fb7ce876ef6fec1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
So, I was converting some code from c++ to SDL, and I made the first lines of a
macro plot 3 spheres to mark positions on a grid.

The problem is, the first sphere doesn't show up.
I made the sphere bigger, then bigger, then commented out the grid plane, and
then figured - what the heck - I'll instantiate it twice.

And lo and behold - the sphere showed up.
Commenting out the preceding duplicate sphere made it disappear again!  :O

I've got a work-around going where I just precede everything with
sphere {0, 0}
but this has got to be one of the weirdest things I've come across.

- BW