POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A method to plot histograms for patterns / functions. : Re: A method to plot histograms for patterns / functions. Server Time
20 May 2024 07:09:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A method to plot histograms for patterns / functions.
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 4 Sep 2023 14:30:00
Message: <web.64f6215f80a29cb21f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
> I'm attaching the scene file from the povr fork, but I'm 90% sure the
> method used will work for v3.7 and v3.8 official releases - if the povr
> inbuilt function 'f_range2range()' is replaced with whatever the SDL
> coded version is that is shipped with official POV-Ray releases. The
> name escapes me at the moment.
>
> Image on top is 'wrinkles' with noise_generator 2 and on the bottom with
> noise_generator 3 - FWIW.
>
> Bill P.

Well, there's a histogram macro in math.inc

Histogram(ValArr, Intervals): This macro declares a global, 2D array named
HistogramArray. The first value in the array is the center of the interval/bin,
the second the number of values in that interval.

Parameters:

ValArr = An array with values.
Intervals = The desired number of intervals/bins.

Not sure if that's what you were looking for.

- BW