POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Aquarium Final Rendering : Re: Aquarium Final Rendering Server Time
20 May 2024 01:20:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Aquarium Final Rendering
From: Samuel B
Date: 1 Sep 2023 18:45:00
Message: <web.64f26892573a45f916bed5696e741498@news.povray.org>
"Chris R" <car### [at] comcastnet> wrote:
> The final render was done at 1920x1080 with aggressive anti-aliasing and
> radiosity.  It took 124 hours on my laptop.  The vast majority of that time was
> spent on the aquarium itself, which is understandable given reflective surface
> of the water and the aquarium glass.
>
> -- Chris R.

Hi Chris,

It looks great! Very nice modeling and lighting all around.

It reminds of the time my dad had some Cichlids. They made babies, but all the
juveniles swam into the gravel and died -_- That was after after a plexiglass
partition was installed to keep the father from 'eating' the children. But now,
I'm wondering if we actually kept the father from mouthbrooding?

How is the fish net modeled? And is that a rosary vine on the left? (We have one
in our house, and it's been making a run for the door for some time now. It's
got to be at least 16+ feet long at this point...)

That render time is... really high :S I don't know how you have the patience for
it. (I suppose I could use my laptop too, since it's relatively quiet, but also
a bit old.) Do you ever find yourself using the +q command line option for
previews?

I'm always trying to find ways to reduce render times, but my 'solutions' often
result in unnecessary complications or worse quality... There's only so far you
can cut down on trace depth, radiosity, antialising and such, before everything
begins to get worse ( `._ .)

Sam