POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : MistLand : Re: MistLand Server Time
20 May 2024 02:21:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MistLand
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 31 Aug 2023 17:15:00
Message: <web.64f1023c7312ea441f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>

> Indeed. I am also interested in sculpting meshes. Not sure at present
> how to go about that: it would need to allow for erosion along natural
> sedimentary planes and layers for instance. It is something I have had
> the intention of doing for a long time but never got time to get my
> hands dirty in earnest till now...
>
> --
> Thomas

Hi Thomas,

It occurred to me that you might be able to do something like this with that
vine-growing macro.  Have the "vines" grow along the terrain, and then translate
all of the mesh vertices straight down to the bottom of the "vine" and thereby
create a path of erosion.

Maybe change some of the vine-growing rules to instead of being random, seek the
lowest direction to "flow".

- BW