POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : MistLand : MistLand Server Time
19 May 2024 23:31:32 EDT (-0400)
  MistLand
From: Samuel B
Date: 30 Aug 2023 18:55:00
Message: <web.64efc7fb61069df916bed5696e741498@news.povray.org>
Hi,

A landscape sketch. The hills are height fields, and the plants are a single
mesh made in Blender, duplicated a number of times. The scene was rendered with
UberPOV using no_cache radiosity and scattering media. Total rendering time in
POV-Ray was 7 minutes, 31 seconds. Denoising and vignette are care of Blender,
and the final gamma and contrast were adjusted in IrfanView.

I'm fairly happy with the plants, but the land objects really need some work...
I want overhangs and high detail, but not the render times associated with
isosurfaces... So, I guess the other best option would be sculpted meshes ':/

Sam

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'mistlandb7m31s.jpg' (96 KB)