POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : POV-Ray 2.2 Compilation Tutorial : Re: POV-Ray 2.2 Compilation Tutorial Server Time
1 Jun 2024 15:53:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray 2.2 Compilation Tutorial
From: jr
Date: 29 Aug 2023 15:20:00
Message: <web.64ee43a4b2c18cb080c03e9d6cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

"19100" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> "jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > ... the <source> tags ...
>
> Thanks for giving it a quick look. My understanding of <nowiki> is that it
> disables MediaWiki syntax for that block right?

yes.

> If you could explain the benefit of it vs <source> that would be great to know.

as happens so often in life :-) I found the reference to the extension providing
the <source> pretty much after posting; first item in editing guidelines, no
less :-(.  without that extension in place I would have argued to keep ml-like
mark-up out of the page; either <nowiki> or <pre> would preserve the given
formatting.  so, sorry, my bad.  hth.

regards, jr.