POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Basic SDL raymarcher : Re: Basic SDL raymarcher Server Time
20 May 2024 07:09:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Basic SDL raymarcher
From: ingo
Date: 10 Aug 2023 02:05:00
Message: <web.64d47d41884abba817bac71e8ffb8ce3@news.povray.org>
Sam,

Can't you use the trace function for intersection testing an getting the normal?
Only had a swift look at the code. I.i.r.c. there was some patch that also
returned the colour at the intersection point. Brain's getting more fuzzy than
I'd like to.

Just posted a recent inc that traces objects or patterns to an inc file with
array's <web.64d47ced807074f217bac71e8ffb8ce3@news.povray.org>

ingo