POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : brain_attack.jpg : Re: brain_attack.jpg Server Time
20 May 2024 00:21:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: brain_attack.jpg
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 8 Aug 2023 15:30:00
Message: <web.64d296efa73d0cdf1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"Mike Miller" <mil### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> >> black-and white pen/line-drawing cross-hatched
> Good thought...I'll run a few and upload for comparison. If I had a large format
> printer, I could hand draw the edges and shading as a vellum overlay
> - overtop of the printed POV rendering.
>
> Not sure how to get the edge and cel-shade look directly from POV. Yesbird was
> working on some type of POV cartoon shader look, I think?

There are things like Canny edge detection, as well as better and more refined
versions of convolution kernels (Sobel operator, etc.)

Not sure about cel shading (might try things like the Anisotropic Kuwahara
Filter, etc.) - what I was suggesting is more a hatching-style shading of the
image, such as used in the old Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, Tom Swift... (see
attached)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'monochrome_be_sketch.png' (615 KB)

Preview of image 'monochrome_be_sketch.png'
monochrome_be_sketch.png