POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fleur-de-lis-esque wallpaper : Re: Fleur-de-lis-esque wallpaper Server Time
20 May 2024 00:21:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fleur-de-lis-esque wallpaper
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 6 Aug 2023 20:25:00
Message: <web.64d038d94ac30d201f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"Samuel B." <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> It's ok. A bit garish and not quite traditional. My main issue was
> mathematically defining a proper fleur-de-lis shape... as it turns out, it's not
> a very easy thing to do.

So true.
I was trying to port some Shadertoy code for a fish scale pattern - and I still
have a lot of work to do on that.

I like how Inigo Quilez, Martijn Steinrucker, and others walk us through the
development of patterns and scenes that are of a seemingly impossible level of
final complexity.

Not many here do YouTube channels, but it might be interesting to develop an
animation driven how-to for some patterns to show how the functions are
elaborated, how symmetry is taken advantage of and leveraged, etc.

#if (frame_number >= n)
     // Some additional level of elaboration
#end

- BW