POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : An old Sci-Fi image rendered in the '90s : Re: An old Sci-Fi image rendered in the '90s Server Time
20 May 2024 01:21:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An old Sci-Fi image rendered in the '90s
From: Mike Miller
Date: 25 Jul 2023 11:15:00
Message: <web.64bfe5882350da39b5177e91dabc9342@news.povray.org>
"Colin Fleming" <Colin Fleming> wrote:
> "Mike Miller" <mil### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > I might try to update this as a pulp cover. I'll see if I can find my original
> > sketch and comp something together. Mike
>
> I'm liking the old sci-fi magazine look-n-feel.
>
> Found another picture of REX.

Nice, thanks for finding this.
I haven't seen that image in a very long time.

Yes, old sci-fi magazine covers are great. Usually had a Jane Russell like
female in lingerie draped over the alien. :)

My original concept had Rex encountering a slug creature wrapped around a
decorative column. Still looking for the elevation sketch I did to code POV.
Attached are early concepts. I will definitely redraw this for a pulp cover.
Miller

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'rex_sketech.jpg' (1365 KB)