POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : brain bot progress rendering : Re: brain bot progress rendering Server Time
20 May 2024 08:19:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: brain bot progress rendering
From: Mike Miller
Date: 18 Jul 2023 22:05:00
Message: <web.64b7441141b179efb5177e91dabc9342@news.povray.org>
"Samuel B." <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> "Mike Miller" <mil### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > Current modeling progress for a brain bot character. Using Blender to array the
> > cubic spline sweeps and lathes. Still messing with the scale of the brain folds.
> > The tentacle arms are an intersection using a spline sweep that clips spheres
> > plotted along the same path.
> > Miller
>
> It's looking really good!
>
> How are you modeling the brain?
>
> Sam

Thanks,
the brain is one continuous sphere_sweep/cubic_spline. I used Blender with
object snap to plant spheres on a simple brain shape surface. I image-mapped the
surface to help guide the process of plotting out the gray matter folds. I
exported the spheres via .x3d and converted the file to POV syntax. Attached is
a capture of the brain in Blender. Still tweaking a bit. I'm only modeling what
I the final camera will see. I'm currently working on the weapon at the end of
the tenacle arms.
Mike

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: