POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gothic cathedral window generator : Re: Gothic cathedral window generator Server Time
20 May 2024 02:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gothic cathedral window generator
From: Samuel B
Date: 18 Jul 2023 18:05:00
Message: <web.64b70c5a37209b7ff8c47d526e741498@news.povray.org>
> Op 18-7-2023 om 02:27 schreef Samuel B.:
> >
> > Here's a piece of gothitecture I cooked up the last couple of days. [...]
>
> Aaah! I love this! Can it do the typically English 4-centered arch? I
> have been trying to write a macro lately but did not get very far.
>
> --
> Thomas

Thanks, Thomas!

Just looked up the 4-centered arch, and no, it cannot make those. This macro
only produces arches with single circular segments, while the 4-centered arch
seems to require at least two. Or worse, it uses some sort of curve not composed
entirely of circles. I'll look further into it though, and possibly make a
separate macro.

I've love to make a single all-purpose macro to cover everything, but there
seems to be as many window/arch variations as there are stars in the sky. (Ok,
that's a bit hyperbolic, but with all the extra details architects used, there
are a lot of designs out there.)

Sam