POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gothic cathedral window generator : Re: Gothic cathedral window generator Server Time
20 May 2024 03:50:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gothic cathedral window generator
From: Samuel B
Date: 18 Jul 2023 17:55:00
Message: <web.64b7096b37209b7ff8c47d526e741498@news.povray.org>
> "Samuel B." <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> > "Samuel B." <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> > > gothic/medieval window macro
> >
> > And here's an image showcasing the underlying geometry behind all this.
> > Basically: for any given window width and arch height, find an appropriate
> > circle to describe the arch.
>
> I've wound up deriving that solution from scratch about a dozen times     :D
>
> Nice macro.
>

> - BW

Isn't that just the way? So many times I've worked on a problem only to discover
that I had already solved it before, yet I somehow forgot! I think this was the
first time I figured out this particular problem, and the solution had me
stymied for a bit too long... but I had fun the whole time ^_^

Btw, what were you using this kind of geometry for?

Sam