POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pulp cover - day one : Re: Pulp cover - day one Server Time
20 May 2024 03:15:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pulp cover - day one
From: Samuel B
Date: 16 Jul 2023 19:35:00
Message: <web.64b47df2a8806957f8c47d526e741498@news.povray.org>
"Mike Miller" <mil### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> I'm starting a new series of POV scenes based/inspired by 1950's pulk covers.
> Born in the 50s, I've collected a large number of these. I've always loved
> the cover art. Attached is my underlay sketch in blender - currently working out
> the sphere sweep/array for the arms and legs. I'll post updates as I finish
> parts.
> Miller

Hi Mike,

Yours is a name I remember from way back (starting in late 90s, iirc), and I've
been watching with interest your latest posts. (I don't know how you find so
much energy. For me, inspiration and activity comes with hypomania, which is as
fickle as it is transient...)

So, the sketch is one of yours and was produced last year? Very cool! I'm glad
you're sharing your talent *^_^*

I just love that classic sci-fi artwork. I can't remember if you previously
mentioned the Fallout video game series, but I know that at least FO4 employed a
similar aesthetic to convey its retro-futuristic vision.

Btw, are you familiar with the artist known as 'Moebius'? I think he was
inspired by such artworks, but gave his own psychedelic spin on it.

Sam