POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : macro naming convention : Re: macro naming convention Server Time
20 May 2024 12:46:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: macro naming convention
From: jr
Date: 12 Jul 2023 05:55:00
Message: <web.64ae775dc7533f87b49d80446cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

"And" <49341109@ntnu.edu.tw> wrote:
> Is there some suggestion about naming macro / naming function?
>
> should macro name start with uppercase?

I'd better not get into the upper vs lowercase debate :-).  but if you think the
code may be published in future, I'd recommend sticking with the conventions
enumerated in the Object Collection (which still is offline, for the time being)
documentation.  Cousin Ricky posted a v good summary of "the rules", see section
'namespace compliance'; <http://news.povray.org/64014f55%40news.povray.org>.

regards, jr.