POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : <no subject> : Re: <no subject> Server Time
20 May 2024 06:01:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: <no subject>
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 10 Jul 2023 19:30:00
Message: <web.64ac94216f92e8561f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>

> (I'm trying to replicate Shadertoy's / GLSL's fwidth () function):

> Forward I plod....

Well, I didn't really get that to work as well as I planned, since it may only
work with (x, y, z) functions and not my (px, py) functions.

I did manage to daisy-chain a massive pile of functions, follow the daisy-chain
of propagated parser errors, "fix" everything to the point where the code runs
without errors, and gives me --- something.
Not really at all what it's supposed to look like, but it's really square one of
translating a lot of complicated Shadertoy code with lots of magic numbers,
ridiculous equations, and very little in the way of explanatory documentation.

But I have hope that fixing it will be easier than that painful first step of
translating the raw code.  I'm sure I've failed to properly daisy-chain some
functions, so I'll go looking there first.

- BW

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'fishscales1.png' (258 KB)