POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pristine Bronze Age sword : Re: Pristine Bronze Age sword Server Time
20 May 2024 00:21:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pristine Bronze Age sword
From: Samuel B
Date: 8 Jul 2023 17:10:00
Message: <web.64a9cf8fe7bffc1cf8c47d526e741498@news.povray.org>
> Op 7-7-2023 om 02:06 schreef Samuel B.:
> > Hi Thomas,
> >
> > I saw that article too, and the idea of finding an ancient sword is inspiring.
> > (I've always loved swords, even if I don't like what they're used for.)
> > [...]
>
> Hi Sam,
> Good to see you are still with us! The article has been the pretext to
> revisit and update a scene I did back in 2009 (I never showed it here
> though) about my very personal view on Grendel, the demonic villain in

> photographs of Bronze Age blades as templates. I am working on it when I
> have the time. I'll be back when done.
>
> --
> Thomas

Yeah, I'm still around and checking in occasionally. (But lurking, because I
don't have anything new to share, haha. I do have things I've started on, but
they're very much in the early WIP stage, and might not get completed.)

Ancient mythologies are interesting, and the lore (ideas, creatures, demons,
etc.) often makes its way into videos games, such as the Castlevania series. I
tend to think such beings represent psychological aspects of ourselves since,
like dreams, myths come from /something/, even if it's just the wreckage of
half-baked thoughts washing ashore ;)

I'm looking forward to the sword! Btw, the Sumerian vase was neat.

Sam