POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pristine Bronze Age sword : Re: Pristine Bronze Age sword Server Time
20 May 2024 02:10:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pristine Bronze Age sword
From: Samuel B
Date: 6 Jul 2023 20:10:00
Message: <web.64a756f9e7bffc1cf8c47d526e741498@news.povray.org>
> Now, this is what I call a Beauty!
>
> https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65936594
>
> I know, this is *not* a POV-Ray render ;-) but who knows? I might be
> tempted to model it as I have already done something like this years ago...
>
> --
> Thomas

Hi Thomas,

I saw that article too, and the idea of finding an ancient sword is inspiring.
(I've always loved swords, even if I don't like what they're used for.)

I say give it a go! It's too bad there's a lack better pictures of the sword out
there, but I think the ones available are enough for an approximation. You might
have some luck using blobs for certain details, such as the handle. (Blobs can
be pretty fast under certain circumstances.) The blade and tip can be made using
CSG of cylinders and prisms, but that's just one idea.

Sam