POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Not grokking mesh camera : Re: Not grokking mesh camera Server Time
7 May 2024 09:08:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not grokking mesh camera
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 5 May 2023 06:25:00
Message: <web.6454d95f69f793731f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
Josh English <Jos### [at] joshuarenglishcom> wrote:

> I found the mistake that is causing the skewed image. I forgot the end
> condition on a FOR loop will can the end value of the loop, so I was
> calculating one extra pixel per row, which the mesh camera dutifully
> pushed to the next row, so my original code was generating more
> triangles than needed.

Ah - that explains it.

Of course, now that you've discovered that, you could actually (ab)use that to
do things like a TV-interference effect.  Also wondering what happens if you
double the columns and halve the rows.  Triple, quadruple...

Perhaps at some point when you get everything mostly worked out to your liking,
you can post a working scene file.  It would be nice to make some explanatory
diagrams to complement the extant documentation, and maybe make a version that
makes use of a Bezier patch as the camera control surface.  :)

Nice job hunting down the cause.

- BW