POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I think I found the funky hieght field trouble! : Re: I think I found the funky hieght field trouble! Server Time
2 May 2024 02:51:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I think I found the funky hieght field trouble!
From: Leroy
Date: 26 Mar 2023 15:40:00
Message: <web.64209ebec693303f125c0c45f712fc00@news.povray.org>
> On 3/23/23 17:12, Leroy wrote:
>  > I never use the special <8 bit any way!
>
> The odd color to grey code kicked in at <=8 bit image channel depths.
>
> > But I have over 400 of those tga palette height field images.
>
> Would you be kind enough to post one example image here? I'm curious as
> to the exact format of your tga's.
>
> In any case, my povr fork certainly breaks backward compatibility with
> POV-Ray in a great many ways. :-)
>
> Bill P.

What I'm kind of proud of is that the palette is special. The blue part of the
each palette element matches that element number. So a pigment function that
outputs blue matches the old standard Height field. I didn't plan on that. When
I set it up  all those years ago I did it that way because it was easier to
code.

Here One that shows the full 256 range

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: