POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Exporting tools : Re: Exporting tools Server Time
27 Apr 2024 16:57:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Exporting tools
From: Mike Miller
Date: 4 Mar 2023 17:40:00
Message: <web.6403c79026764c41a30d213ddabc9342@news.povray.org>
yesbird <sya### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Hi.
> I would like to share tools for exporting data to POV/SDL format
> that I am using in my projects. To preserve flexibility, exported data
> stored in array that can be processed by macros.
>
> At present time following formats and entities are supported:
> 1. Cinema4D
> 1.1 Splines
>
> Now I'm working on exporting spheres from C4D and 'polypainted' meshes
> from ZBrush with preserving color-per-vertex information.
>
> Repository: https://github.com/syanenko/pov-utils
> --
> YB

Thank you YB! I'll definitely check that out. Love to see how you're handling
the data. I'm doing something similar with dxf ascii files exported from Cad.
Have you looked at Blender? - I've use it for FBX exports for odds and ends. Not
sure if vertex color can be preserved but individual objects/spheres would carry
a material name that could be used in a macro.

Attached is my latest fish model floating around some pipes from a chemical
spill.  ...we just had a chemical spill over into Ohio..haha. It started as an
underwater scene, but I added a reflection pool so I'm not sure where this is
going. It's a work in progress but I like the rendering so far - so I'm posting
it.

Mike.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'fish_14_oil_spill_a.jpg' (431 KB)

Preview of image 'fish_14_oil_spill_a.jpg'
fish_14_oil_spill_a.jpg