POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Heightfield Landscape : Heightfield Landscape Server Time
2 May 2024 21:38:17 EDT (-0400)
  Heightfield Landscape
From: Chris R
Date: 28 Feb 2023 10:05:00
Message: <web.63fe1756ca92690575436bbb5cc1b6e@news.povray.org>
Good to see a flurry of new postings here.  This is something I've been working
on for a few weeks using some code from Jaime Vives Piqueres to create
isosurfaces using heightfield bitmaps.  His, of course, look great and render
quickly.  Mine needs some work and take days to render.

My real purpose was to find ways to introduce some procedural values for the
heightfield along with more randomly generated pieces from pigment maps.  The
pigment that generates the heightfield has a function that makes sure there is a
valley for the river to flow through with slopes on either side, along with a
plateau for the road on either side, and then the randomness of a rocky surface.
 This then lets me place a reasonable looking bridge to connect them.

-- Chris R.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'scene-v1.1-mq-rad2-2023-02-28.png' (544 KB)

Preview of image 'scene-v1.1-mq-rad2-2023-02-28.png'
scene-v1.1-mq-rad2-2023-02-28.png