POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Applying noise to geometry : Re: Applying noise to geometry Server Time
10 May 2024 17:18:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Applying noise to geometry
From: ingo
Date: 28 Feb 2023 03:30:00
Message: <web.63fdbb802d72758917bac71e8ffb8ce3@news.povray.org>
yesbird <sya### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> On 28/02/2023 09:58, ingo wrote:

> Mmm, Poseray ...
> I have one, but it's almost the same as importing mesh from ZBrush.
> Your first advice about using 'meshmaker' seems more attractive to me...

A long time ago I wrote an unfinished tool to convert mesh2 to obj files.
Something like that could be made to write a bunch of pov-ray arrays to a file.
Then you have full control over the mesh and can transform it by using uv
information and functions.
Or, ask FlyerX to add such an option to Poseray, if they are still working on
it.

https://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.utilities/thread/%3CXns94F5A773245Aseed7%40news.povray.org%3E

ingo