POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Request: HIGH resolution stl conversion to mesh / mesh2 : Re: Request: HIGH resolution stl conversion to mesh / mesh2 Server Time
29 Apr 2024 03:06:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request: HIGH resolution stl conversion to mesh / mesh2
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 23 Feb 2023 06:30:00
Message: <web.63f74deb9ce67fcf1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
> Using Granite_21: "NorthAmericanPinkGranite" in my Studio setup.
>
> --
> Thomas

Well that certainly put a smile on my face.
I was trying to get to sleep, and I started (continued) thinking,
"He's not going to be able to resist doing it...."

And sure enough - converted, textured, and rendered.   :D

Thankfully, it's a mesh, and we can instantiate 30-40,000 of them to show how
easy it was to just bang these out with some sand and copper tools in our
copious amounts of uninterrupted free time without the need for a pesky lathe.
;)

'tis really a beautiful texture.

Thanks - off to shovel snow.

- BE