POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : Yes-library : Re: Yes-library Server Time
29 Apr 2024 07:58:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yes-library
From: Mike Miller
Date: 23 Feb 2023 01:20:00
Message: <web.63f704f17f290431a30d213ddabc9342@news.povray.org>
yesbird <sya### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Here I'm starting a collection of static and animated objects,

> https://github.com/syanenko/pov-yes
>

> he want/can.
>
> As the first seed of this library I've rendered this short animation of
> the breathing coral:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xfp7ocJBziQ
>
> Comments, ideas and suggestions are always welcome !
> --YB

Hi yesbird.
Nice job on the breathing coral. Are you using an animation utility or scripting
something yourself? I'm using some 'old' cobbled script for replacing flagged
values between frames. I need to see if there's something more current.

I put a scene file together for you showing the use of negative blobs 'carving
out' smooth forms in positive strength blobs. Attached is a rendering from that
file. One drawback - there's a way to separately texture the voided space.  I'll
post the scene file in the binary scene file location.
Have a great night.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'blobs_pos_neg.jpg' (95 KB)