POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Non linear object scaling : Re: Non linear object scaling Server Time
2 May 2024 14:19:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Non linear object scaling
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 21 Feb 2023 13:25:00
Message: <web.63f50be53d6c764f1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
yesbird <sya### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Hi,
> Does anybody know the method of object scaling by some function,
> log() , for example?
> I mean scaling along the desired axis, applying scale factor, say,
> to the top part of the object more than to the lower part.
> --
> YB

Check out pg 15 of the tutorial PDF.

Non-linear scale
#declare P = function {x*x + y*y + z*z - 1}
isosurface {
function {P(x, y*(1.05-y/5), z)}
A non-linear stretch has turned this sphere into something like a hen's egg. The
sphere is stretched more as y
becomes larger, and compressed more as y becomes more negative.