POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : --- : Re: Lohmueller website archive Server Time
2 May 2024 07:44:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lohmueller website archive
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 19 Feb 2023 08:20:00
Message: <web.63f2212e99b957f51f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>

> (derived from archive.org).  This is about 2GB (unsure of the reason for

> hard-coded links to be relative. I also want to contact Andrea if I can (I

> -- Chris

Thanks, Chris.   I just used one of those automated tools that I found, and
wasn't sure if it had grabbed _everything_ (which obviously it didn't).

I think he had a lot of material on there about plants and art, with animations,
non-povray stuff, etc.

I'm glad that _someone_ has "the whole thing" because like POV-Ray itself, when
you even _try_ to look at everything to see what's there, you realize that
there's SO much, it's TOO much to take in all at once.   And FL was one man.
It would be sad indeed to see what is obvious even at first glance to be
thousands of hours of patient work get lost, and all of his efforts not get
seen, enjoyed, and celebrated by many years of future POV-Ray enthusiasts.

Thanks again,

- Bill W