POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Self-including POV-Ray scene file : Re: Self-including POV-Ray scene file Server Time
5 May 2024 13:12:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Self-including POV-Ray scene file
From: jr
Date: 16 Feb 2023 21:25:00
Message: <web.63eee46fd2a5b2bc88a828ca6cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

> Now for another crazy idea that - of course - came to me as I was _trying_ to
> get some sleep.  Some days the brain never stops buzzing.

make it stand in the corner, on the "naughty step" ?!  :-)

> ... , or programming languages
> that are compiled - where you can reference things that aren't defined until
> later in the file.

would depend on the language I guess.  it would not work for (eg) C, where you
cannot have "forward references".

> ... where I didn't have to scroll past ...

you could simply use a real editor, designed for the job.  then you can "jump"
to a code reference, no need to "scroll".

regards, jr.