POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Generating animation : Re: Generating animation Server Time
8 May 2024 02:41:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Generating animation
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 10 Feb 2023 14:05:00
Message: <web.63e6945123c5f45c1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> In Windows, there is an included file called 'quickres.ini.' It holds a lot of
> pre-written render resolutions for you. But it's also the place where I put all
> of my animation commands-- like Start_Frame, Final_Frame, etc. There, you would
> simply write
>            Final_Frame=100  (no spaces)
>
> This will automatically turn on the animation mechanism, ready and waiting.

No. Way.

So you're using the quickres.ini as "the" .ini file to run the animation?
That's pretty slick.

Is that in the docs somewhere, or did you find that in a post, or come up with
it yourself?   Because that's pretty darned handy.
If you have any other interesting things in your quickres, could you post a copy
here?

First the #if block in a function, now this.
Any other neat little tricks that you've got squirreled away somewhere?

Did you know that New Hampshire used to be named "Northern Virginia"?  :D

- BW