POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 2D function to 3D tube : Re: 2D function to 3D tube Server Time
19 May 2024 06:41:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2D function to 3D tube
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 24 Dec 2022 17:45:00
Message: <web.63a77fee560d61681f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"Droj" <803### [at] drojde> wrote:

> > I will try to do some fine tuning as the heart curve still has an inconsistency
> > where the dip is.

Yeah - not sure if that's the math or the macro.
It seems to be right at the beginning of the curve, so maybe instead of going
from 0 - 2pi, maybe start at pi/180 and see if that trims off the cruft.

> Your solution works with simple Lissajous functions, too.
>
> This is a great Christmas present!

I'm glad it's all working out - it definitely took a lot of staring at the code,
trying to see what each operation did and why, and even stupidly staring at
documentation I wrote myself until I finally figured out what I needed to do and
why.

https://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.606b78af565eea121f9dae3025979125%40news.povray.org%3E/

Those polynomial curves look super interesting.  It would be nice to have macros
to render all three types of curves, plus just the 2D offset curve(s).

Anyway, I'm glad you like it, and have a Merry Christmas.

- BW