POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : New Characters for Master of Puppets Font : Re: New Characters for Master of Puppets Font Server Time
6 May 2024 13:13:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Characters for Master of Puppets Font
From: jr
Date: 9 Apr 2022 00:15:00
Message: <web.6251072080354cb35834ab476cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

> Took me a while, but I now see it. I have to set
>
> #declare MOP_UseFrenchQuoteMarks = yes;
>
> in quote.pov as setting it to no works OK for me.

yes, same here.  and suspect you're right about it being .. entangled with the
macro caching mechanism (that macro is large, 118K+ over (close to) 3100 lines.
:-))

> I suspect something wrong with the macro ram caching mechanism which is
> part of all the relatively recent v3.8 versions including povr and v4.0
> master.

but again only for us "2nd class" Linux users[*].  AM confirmed the change makes
it work for him (on MS Win with 3.8).

[*] RTR being the other "issue" I'm aware of.

regards, jr.