POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Moonlight : Moonlight Server Time
30 Apr 2024 22:53:48 EDT (-0400)
  Moonlight
From: Chris R
Date: 21 Mar 2022 11:00:00
Message: <web.623892ac2227bb25cc71334a5cc1b6e@news.povray.org>
I am working on a scene that is lit by moonlight coming through a window with
partially open blinds.  I use LightSys, and have set up the light source as an
area light just outside of the window itself.

I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for good color/lumens combinations to
simulate moonlight.  I am currently using a made-up color of <0.45, 0.5, 0.75>
and an intensity of 1.0 with no fading, (so I guess I'm not really using
LightSys to great effect here).  Has anyone done any spectrum analysis for
moonlight to suggest better values?

-- Chris R.