POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sunflowers and Sky : Re: Sunflowers and Sky Server Time
2 May 2024 13:24:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sunflowers and Sky
From: jr
Date: 17 Mar 2022 05:00:00
Message: <web.6232f7a2395fdd6efc0c8de6cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

(sorry, missed this earlier)

MichaelJF <fri### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
> Am 16.03.2022 um 16:14 schrieb jr:
> > Cousin Ricky <ric### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> >> Each plant uses a horrendous amount of memory, so I only planted enough ...
> > ...  will bear the memory thing in mind.
> Yes, even neglecting political actions is a political act. But I think
> that is what Bangambiki Habyarimana had in mind. Never heard this name
> so far and the German and even the Englisch Wikipedia has no entry for
> this name.

agree but won't speculate what the author had in mind.  I only knew the quote,
so, Google being my friend ;-), I found Mr H's name.  (and like you, never heard
the name before)

> I think we need a lot of blue and yellow images in the near future.

too many of those -- too much of that -- already, anyway.  personally would like
to see a .. proliferation of images that recall Earth-seen-from-space.

> But to comment on the image: it is very nice, but the model by Nekar
> Xenos is fine but not really suited for being used in the foreground
> (may be this is the reason for the proposal to use focal blur by Mr).
> The sunflower seeds are arranged in the mathematical correct positions
> but have a wrong colour (green instead of brown) and the yellow petals
> are hovering into the air and are not distributed evenly around the bloom.
>
> I would really like to discuss such marginal issues more than a full
> scale, completely needless war in the middle of Europe. To become political!

very much agree.  my own interest in NX's code is (close to) non-existent[*], I
intend(ed) to keep it for perhaps an occasion like my recent "olympic" scene,
where I'd been looking for decorative plants/planting, but didn't find what I
was looking for.

[*] more files with _long_ lines.  :-(

regards, jr.