POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : image map and batch render : Re: image map and batch render Server Time
5 May 2024 09:00:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: image map and batch render
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 4 Mar 2022 14:00:00
Message: <web.622260bed7f80b351f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"Peter.bates" <Pet### [at] livecoza> wrote:
> Platfor: in 10
> Version: 3.7
>
> Hi  all!
>
> I have 1500 stl files to convert to jpg images. I used stl2inc to create the
> files and renamed the objects inside the .inc definitions to the same, to make
> the povray script easier.
>
> 1) I am using a bmp image of a piece of wood (attached) to imagemap onto a block
> for the base of the scene (.pov also attached). This results in a
> blurry/stretched image - how can this be fixed?

Your image is 977x1526.
POV-Ray will import this and map it to a 1-POV-unit square.
So what you need to do is scale that texture to resize back to the right aspect
ratio.   (Just like jr said)

> 2) How can I run the same .pov scene file on each .inc file? My idea is: use
> python to create .pov files by changing the #define foo.inc line for each inc
> file, creating a batch of .pov files that can then be run in Windows batch. Is
> there a better way?

If you name all of your files in sequential numerical order, you can use the
animation feature, and use the frame number or the clock value to choose the
right file.  Just concatenate everything into a string and use that for the
filename.

- Bill