POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : PigeonTalk graphics : Re: PigeonTalk graphics Server Time
29 Apr 2024 02:25:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PigeonTalk graphics
From: Kenneth
Date: 1 Feb 2022 16:10:00
Message: <web.61f9a0b5bb3a06d74cef624e6e066e29@news.povray.org>
David Buck <dav### [at] simberoncom> wrote:

> To produce this image, I just brought up the image of a pigeon and
> captured the coordinates of various points along the profile.  I then
> used a sweep spline...

Nice!

I happen to be working on something similar at the moment, but my shape is made
by a rather brute-force method, not as elegant as yours: Using eval_pigment to
'trace' some high-contrast black/white artwork-- line art, really-- then using
the found white colors as position indicators and on/off switches to place LOTS
of spheres side-by-side, to look like a sinuous single object.

I like your sweep-spline approach better, as well as the fewer chosen points
along the profile, which is more efficient; I may have to 'borrow' that idea.
:-)