POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Impending Disaster : Re: Impending Disaster Server Time
29 Apr 2024 17:15:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Impending Disaster
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 1 Feb 2022 15:05:00
Message: <web.61f99218941abfdd1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> Neglecting possible problems with the isosurfaces: I should have mentioned that
> the artifacts being black means that rad is picking up that black color from
> somewhere, and using it for some of the patches. Behind and above the airplane
> model, there appears to be a big expanse of pure(?) black. A wall? A sky_sphere?
> And the reflective table as well. Anyway, try changing one or both of those
> colors to something wild like <0,1,1>. I'm willing to bet that the 'black'
> splotches change color too. (Not that this will solve your overall rad problem--
> but just as a test to possibly help zero-in on the cause.)

Hmmm. Yes, if this is indeed the case, then we may be running into that
color-vector multiplier thing.  Anything * <0, 0, 0> = <0, 0, 0>.
So maybe if an extreme change elicits a difference in the splotch color, try
changing your black to something small, but nonzero.

Maybe for ease of experimentation, define a scalar multiplier, and your black to
be that times <1, 1, 1>.

#declare SM = 0.1;
#declare Shade = SM * <1, 1, 1>;
#declare myBlack = pigment {rgb Shade}