POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How do I use a new GPG key? : Re: How do I use a new GPG key? Server Time
22 May 2024 15:03:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How do I use a new GPG key?
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 31 Jan 2022 20:05:00
Message: <web.61f886aab38070f5afe6ae3e89db30a9@news.povray.org>
"Cousin Ricky" <rickysttATyahooDOTcom> wrote:
> Cousin Ricky <ric### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> >
> > OK, I created an SSH key and followed GitHub's instructions for adding
> > it to my ssh-agent, re-created the remote origin reference on my local
> > repo, and tried to push again.  Git-Cola *still* asked for the damn
> > expired GPG key.
> >
> > I guess I'll have to dig out the instructions on how to push from the
> > CLI, and see if that works.  [snip]
>
> The push worked from the CLI.  Next is to find out why Git-Cola is still stuck
> in the past.

Good.

Do you know what key (GPG or SSH) was being used when it worked from the command
line ?

If it was not the SSH key; did you paste the contents of the id_rsa.pub file
into the key field at this page:

https://github.com/settings/ssh/new

Btw.: I had to google Git-Cola to find out what it is. I wasn't aware that you
use it. I haven't used such GUI tools myself, just the git tools on the command
line and the web interface at github.com.

--
Tor Olav
http://subcube.com