POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Isosurface from magnitude of complex function with domain coloring : Isosurface from magnitude of complex function with domain coloring Server Time
27 Apr 2024 05:04:30 EDT (-0400)
  Isosurface from magnitude of complex function with domain coloring
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 22 Dec 2021 00:55:00
Message: <web.61c2bc965f322fe0a03496cd89db30a9@news.povray.org>
Hi

Since this post:

From: kurtz le pirate
Subject: How to ...
Date: 2021-11-22 11:23:08
http://news.povray.org/povray.general/thread/%3C619bc3ec%241%40news.povray.org%3E/

- I've been working on some some macros that create functions for calculating
with complex numbers.

And yesterday I made some functions that can be used for HSV-coloring of
pigments.

The isosurface in the attached image shows the magnitude (or modulus) of this
function:

  Fn(Z) = 1/(Z^5 - 2)^2

- as the height above a complex plane:. I found that function here:
https://matlabarticlesworld.blogspot.com/2020/01/what-is-coolest-thing-you-can-do-with.html

The colors are chosen so that the hue follows the phase (or argument) of the
function, while the lightness goes from 0.0 to 0.5 in intervals along the height
axis. The saturation is 100% everywhere.

--
Tor Olav
http://subcube.com

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'isosurface from magnitude of complex function.png' (344 KB)

Preview of image 'isosurface from magnitude of complex function.png'
isosurface from magnitude of complex function.png